God, If you're really there, ...
Have you ever felt an urge to pray, but wondered if God was
really there? Maybe you've wondered,
How many thousands of people have at some point doubted God just
enough to start their prayers with, "God, if you're really
there, please help me!" In desperation, they have turned to
God for help.
- How can I pray to God if I don't really know he exists?
- If God really is there, will He answer me?
- Maybe He won't listen, because of my doubt about him.
- Even if He is there, am I good enough to pray to Him.
They say there are no atheists in foxholes. In the midst of a
battle, with shells and bullets whizzing over their heads, God
seems to be the only security to hold on to. They may be
doubters, yet they are willing to give God a chance.
There are others, not in foxholes yet just as desparate, who turn
to God in spite of their doubts. Whether it's a marriage falling
apart, a loved one on death's door, or just a quiet but desperate
searching to find meaning to life, many have knelt and prayed
with only the faintest hope that God was even listening.
- Are you one of them?
- Do you need:
- a miracle to pull you out of a tight spot?
- Is your security threatened?
- Is your home falling apart?
- Do you have a broken heart?
- Do you wonder if God will hear and answer your prayer?
- -Is God fair? Is He really just?
- -"Maybe He won't answer the way I want?" That is always
- -Is He really loving?
Here's some good news:
Sometimes it seems as if God is powerless to change things. But
be assured, God has all power. However, he will not run
roughshod over the free will of any of his created ones,
especially those of us of the species homo sapiens.
- If this is your first time praying, if you are desperate
enough to pray inspite of your questions, if you would try
- God says, "Call on Me, and I will answer you, and show
you great and wonderful things which you know not." 1He is not unduly limited by the strength of our
- God loves us. We read in the Bible, "God is love."
Whether or not God answers us in the way we expect, we know that
His plans for us are for good and not for bad. He may not always
spare us pain. But he does care!
God's promises have been tried and proven by many. Countless
people have prayed as you are, "God, if you're there,
And countless people have been surprised by joy when God
actually answered their prayer.
So go ahead. Call on God. Let Him prove himself. You have nothing
copyright notice: Script copyright (c)
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada: 1996, 2001
1 Jeremiah 33:3 resume place in
Spiritual Help Topic page
Our services home page